ATA 61GA | Cooperative Security & Interconnected Threats
Date: 19 November, 2015
Hour: 09.00 – 17.00
When: 19 November, 09.00 – 17.00
Where: Palais d’Egmont, Place du Petit Sablon 8, Brussels
Organizer: ATA-Atlantic Treaty Association www.atlantictreatyassociation.org
Live tweet: @ATAUpdates #ATABxl #MGForum
The new security threats encompassing terrorism, mass migration, cyberwar and climate change, are the focus of the international conference Cooperative Security and Interconnected Threats organized by the Atlantic Treaty Association (ATA) on November 19th, at Palais d’Egmont, Brussels, on the occasion of its 61st General Assembly.
A keynote address by Amb. Alexander VERSHBOW, NATO Deputy Secretary General, on NATO Towards the Warsaw Summit will open the conference that, thereafter, will be chaired by Fabrizio W. LUCIOLLI, President of ATA.
High Government and NATO authorities, personalities from the political, diplomatic, military, academic, and economic fields that will address strategic topics amongst which: international terrorism and the fight against Isis in Syria and Iraq, the crisis in Ukraine, the refugees crisis, non-military instability factors as climate change, communication warfare and cyber-attacks. Among the speakers that will take part in the event are:
- Bakir FALAH, Minister, Head of the Department of Foreign Relations of the Kurdistan Regional Government-Iraq
- David HOBBS, Secretary General, NATO Parliamentary Assembly
- Ely Ould Mohamed VALL, Former President of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Mohammed DAHLAN, Former Minister and National Security Advisor, Palestinian National Authority
- Maj. Gen. Joseph T. GUASTELLA, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Intelligence, NATO SHAPE
- Ted WHITESIDE, Acting Assistant Secretary General, PDD, NATO
- Nicola DE SANTIS, Head, Middle East and North Africa Countries Section, PASP, NATO
- Robert BELL, Senior Civilian Representative of the Secretary of Defense in Europe & Defense Advisor, US Mission to NATO
- Peter SPOOR, Advisor to the EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator
- Ebtesam AL KETBI, President, Emirates Policy Center
The Atlantic Treaty Association (ATA) is an organization of 37 national chapters that since 1954 has been conducting analyses, training, education, and information activities on foreign affairs and security issues relevant to the Atlantic Alliance. For its 61st General Assembly, ATA gathers 250 delegates from the 37 National Atlantic Councils of the Euro-Atlantic region together with high representatives of Partners countries in the Mediterranean, the Middle East and North Africa.
For MEDIA ACCREDITATION please register here
For more details please contact:
+32 25 02 31 60
The event is carried out in cooperation with Abhath – Al Thuraya Consultancy and Researches and the Mediterranean-Gulf Forum, with the support of the NATO Public Diplomacy Division, the US Mission to NATO and United Technologies. Special thanks go to the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Atlantic Council of Belgium.